Are You a Single-Parent? Here Are 10 Affirmations to Help You Keep a Positive AttitudeFeb 22, 2022
No matter who you are, being a single parent is challenging. Not only are single parents expected to be breadwinners, but they also have to be authority-figures and provide emotional support to their kids. All without the help of a spouse. No matter how difficult things may be at the moment though, never lose sight of the fact that you can successfully raise children as a single parent. Millions have done it before, and that means you can too.
Parenting Expert Nicole Kear explains that, “Single parenthood comes with a unique set of emotional challenges that can, at times, feel overwhelming. It's like hiking the Appalachian Trail with a heavy backpack, but the backpack has your essential stuff in it and weighs you down sometimes. There is no ‘time-out.’ Being on 24/7 means that there is no one to pass the baton to when you’re having a bad parenting moment (or day).” Here are a few affirmations to recite when times get tough as a single parent:
- I have a good head on my shoulders, and I’m going to use it to make responsible choices as a parent.
- My kid(s) means the world to me, and every sacrifice I make is for them.
- I will be a strong role model for my family. I will set a good example for my kid(s).
- Families don’t survive because of good circumstances, families survive because of love. I will fill my home with nothing but love.
- I accept responsibility for my life, and I refuse to let anybody’s judgment tear me down.
- Even if I don’t have all the answers right now, I can learn from experience. I will grow as a parent, one day at a time.
- One bad day doesn’t make me a bad parent. One frustrating season doesn’t make me a failure. If at first, I don’t succeed, I’ll try and try again.
- I am exactly the parent that my children need. Even if I have to raise them on my own.
- I don’t have to be perfect to be a good parent. I just have to do my best, and exceed my best with every passing day.
- Even in the midst of chaos, I will be patient. I will never allow life’s struggles to deprive my kid(s) of the parenting that I can offer them.
There’s no denying that being a single parent has its challenges. But there is actually a silver lining that comes with all the drama. Single-parenting creates the unique opportunity to give your kids devoted, one-on-one attention. If everything falls into place, this can fortify your family-dynamic, and build a very special kind of bond. If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative courses, workshops, and events listed on our websites and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, health and wellness, bettering your relationships, or the overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (800) 913-0222 to find out how Richard Martinez can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Stay up to date with new blog posts, new courses and programs offered by Richard Martinez!
Subscribe to our newsletter! - Get the latest from Richard Martinez in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.