Searching for Truly Refreshing Meditation? Incorporate These 8 Steps into Your SessionsJul 16, 2022
Meditation is often advertised as an exotic ritual, but it’s actually a basic sequence of activities. Low-impact activities. The goal of meditation is to develop internal focus and concentration. All in a way that promotes peace of mind. While many different styles of meditation exist, this discipline is underscored by two general elements. Relaxed breathing, and silent reflection.
Meditation Manifests Peace:
The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) explains that “Meditation has a long history of use for increasing calmness/physical relaxation, improving psychological balance, coping with illness, and enhancing overall health and well-being. Meditation is generally considered to be safe for healthy people. However, people with physical limitations may not be able to participate in certain meditative practices involving movement.” Here are a few quick tips on how to orchestrate ideal meditation sessions:
- Minimize Disturbances: Mediation is an exercise of the mind. Anything that can interfere with thought processes defeats the purpose of meditation.
- Get Comfortable: It’s difficult to control and channel psychological energy from a place of pain or distress. Whether seated, standing, or mobile, meditate in an environment of total relaxation.
- Ventilate and Breathe: An oxygenated brain functions with more dexterity. This is why breathing is an important part of meditation.
- Dim the Lights: Bright or flashing lights trigger neurological stimulation. Meditation is much easier to regulate in the absence of sharp or blinking lights.
- Loosen Up from Head to Toe: Every part of the body should decompress during meditation. Allow each muscle to systematically release tension.
- Inhale the Positive, and Expunge the Negative: Anything that encourages psychological stress should be banished from a meditative state of mind.
- Anchor in the Moment: Meditation shouldn’t involve recollections of the past. Nor should it feature overthinking about the future. Meditation is all about being grounded in the present moment.
- Recite Mantras and Affirmations: Mantras and affirmations strengthen the meditative stream of consciousness. They prevent subliminal sentiment from spiraling out of control.
The easiest way to meditate is to sit in a comfortable secluded place. Breathe as you normally would, in and out of your nose. And allow your mind to drift towards thoughts of tranquility. At first, most people can only meditate for a few minutes. With practice, however, mediation can be extended to longer stretches of time. If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative courses, workshops, and events listed on our websites and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, health and wellness, bettering your relationships, or the overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (800) 913-0222 to find out how Richard Martinez can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Stay up to date with new blog posts, new courses and programs offered by Richard Martinez!
Subscribe to our newsletter! - Get the latest from Richard Martinez in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.