Are You a Perfectionist? Beware Not to Make Detrimental Sacrifices in These 6 Aspects of LifeJun 27, 2022
If you're somebody who constantly strives to be a high-performer, chances are you’re also wound up to an extent. Wound up from being serious about perfection. This has both positive, and negative side effects. On one hand, excellence probably equips you to face many different circumstances in life. Unfortunately, being too obsessed with control also suppresses people’s ability to stop and smell the roses.
Life’s Simple Pleasures are Priceless:
Author Ana Sandoiu explains that “self-love might sound like a luxury rather than a necessity — or a new-age fad for those with too much time on their hands. Ironically, however, self-care and -compassion might actually be needed most by those of us who work too hard, and who are constantly striving to surpass ourselves. Most of the time, when we’re being too hard on ourselves, we do it because we’re driven by a desire to excel and do everything right, all the time.” Here are a few key areas where it’s important to live life to the fullest, even if it means forfeiting perfection:
- Authenticity: If there’s one thing you should never be shy about, it’s being yourself. Standing true to your nature is the only way to lead a fulfilling life.
- Passion and Ambition: We only have one life to live. Overthinking your hopes and dreams yields regret.
- Luxury and Comfort: Life’s too short to wallow in misery. There’s nothing wrong with spoiling yourself every now and then.
- Laughter: Joy and happiness are the only real treasures of the human experience. The more laughter exists in your life, the less likely discouragement will weigh you down.
- Healing: Life isn’t picture-perfect for anyone. But the only way to survive is to heal from trauma. If something bad has happened in your past, heal so that you can overcome it.
- Self-Acceptance: We are all children of God. Fearfully and wonderfully made in His Image. Never allow criticism or inadequacy to contaminate your confidence.
True happiness is a deeper quality that comes from living in your truth. It flourishes when you embrace whatever’s going on right where you are. Both the ups and downs. Happiness shouldn’t be built from relentless sacrifice. It should come from daily, consistent, edifying choices. If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative courses, workshops, and events listed on our websites and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, health and wellness, bettering your relationships, or the overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (800) 913-0222 to find out how Richard Martinez can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Stay up to date with new blog posts, new courses and programs offered by Richard Martinez!
Subscribe to our newsletter! - Get the latest from Richard Martinez in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.