8 Hydration Life Hacks That Can Heal Horrible HeadachesJun 17, 2022
c It doesn’t even matter if you’re the type of person who constantly forgets to drink water. You can still fend off minor headaches with a handful of healthy habits.
Water Gives Life:
Lifestyle Writer Jenna Fletcher explains that “When the body is dehydrated, the brain can temporarily contract from fluid loss. This causes the brain to pull away from the skull. Triggering pain, resulting in a dehydration headache. Once rehydrated though, the brain returns to its usual state. Thereby relieving the headache.” Here are a few quick tips on how to heal and manage headaches through routine hydration:
- Drink Water First Thing in the Morning: Starting the day off with a precedent of hydration sets the tone both physically, and psychologically.
- Drink a Glass of Water with Every Meal: Linking a diet with hydration guarantees that you won’t fall behind on fluids. You’ll drink a glass of water at least three times a day.
- Carry a Reusable Water Bottle: Constantly carrying a water bottle can remind you to drink water at random intervals. Not just once in a while, or with meals.
- Drink Fluids Throughout the Day, Not Just When You’re Thirsty: Drinking only when you feel parched will result in a bare minimum of hydration. The body can only stay strong with a surplus of nutrition/hydration.
- Limit Caffeine and Alcohol Consumption: Caffeine and alcohol actually drain water from the body during digestion.
- Keep Track of Your Water Intake: Never just assume that you’ve drank enough water every day. A basic diary can help to confirm whether or not you’re procrastinating with hydration.
- Drink Room-Temperature or Lukewarm Water: Hot water leads to dehydration through sweating. Whereas cold water prompts metabolic activity that consumes water while warming up the body.
- Recognize the Signs of Dehydration: Physical symptoms of dehydration should never be overlooked. These include fatigue, lightheadedness, and dry mouth. Headaches are usually the culmination of all these preliminary symptoms.
If you suffer from headaches, especially dehydration headaches, the best solution is to drink plenty of water. Water is one of the simplest and most effective ways to quickly alleviate pain. Drink generous amounts of water to stay healthy, happy, and energized.If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative courses, workshops, and events listed on our websites and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, health and wellness, bettering your relationships, or the overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (800) 913-0222 to find out how Richard Martinez can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Stay up to date with new blog posts, new courses and programs offered by Richard Martinez!
Subscribe to our newsletter! - Get the latest from Richard Martinez in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.