6 Reasons Why Salmon Would Be a Healthy Addition to Your Meal PlansJun 09, 2022
If salmon could be summed up in one word, that word would be fantastic. Beyond being a great source of protein, salmon also provides a variety of vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids. Like most seafood out there, salmon is easy to prepare. Incorporating it into your diet is a great way to add some luxury to your meals.
Salmon is Simply Sumptuous:
Health Writer John Donovan explains that “Salmon – that tender, reddish, firm fish – is one of the most popular fish choices in America, thanks in part to its rich, buttery, flavor. And that's a good thing for your health. You can choose from a handful of different Pacific salmon, including Sockeye, Pink, Coho, and King (Chinook). Many of these come from the wild.” Here’s a quick summary of salmon’s incredible health benefits:
- It Strengthens Bones: Salmon happens to be a good source of Vitamin D. Not only does the body use Vitamin D to fortify bones, but it also depends on this nutrient for immunity against osteoporosis.
- It Supports Eye Health: Salmon also contains Vitamin A. The body uses Vitamin A to bolster photoreceptors in the eye.
- It Acts as Brain Food: The properties contained in fish oil enable neurological tissue growth and development. Not only does Salmon improve memory, but it also stimulates brain function as well.
- It’s Anti-Inflammatory: Fish oil is proven to reduce the irritation caused by inflammation. While the fish oil in salmon isn’t as concentrated as the ingredients in pills, consuming certain amounts of salmon can result in reduced inflammation.
- It Fights Heart Disease: Salmon is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Adding these nutrients to the bloodstream helps to achieve a chemical balance which amplifies cardiac stability.
- It’s a Source of Low-Fat Animal Protein: Much like all animal flesh, salmon is a good source of protein. And protein contributes to a variety of bodily functions. Unlike beef or poultry though, salmon is healthier because it’s lean.
Salmon is so nutrient-rich that it’s actually considered a super-food. Regardless of whether it’s fried, baked, grilled, or steamed, salmon always retains its savory essence. It takes extraordinary circumstances for salmon to be less than satisfactory. If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative courses, workshops, and events listed on our websites and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, health and wellness, bettering your relationships, or the overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (800) 913-0222 to find out how Richard Martinez can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Stay up to date with new blog posts, new courses and programs offered by Richard Martinez!
Subscribe to our newsletter! - Get the latest from Richard Martinez in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.