10 Notable Signs and Symptoms of Postpartum DepressionJun 07, 2022
Feeling anxious or irritable just after giving birth is so common that it’s often dubbed ‘having the baby blues.’ However, if the baby blues don’t seem to be going away after weeks and months, there could be a bigger problem brewing. A problem is known as Postpartum Depression (PPD). PPD is a severe form of depression that can develop in new mothers at any time within a year of giving birth.
PPD is Deeply-Rooted:
The March of Dimes foundation explains that “Postpartum depression (also called PPD) is a medical condition that many women get after having a baby. It’s strong feelings of sadness, anxiety (worry), and tiredness that last for a long time after giving birth. These feelings can make it hard for you to take care of yourself, and your baby. PPD can happen any time after childbirth. It often starts within 1 to 3 weeks of having a baby.” Here are a few prominent symptoms of PPD:
- Emotional volatility brought about by extreme and intense mood swings.
- Constant sadness and crying.
- Difficulty with concentration, reasoning, or cognitive abilities.
- A lack of sentimental attachment or affection for the newborn baby.
- Anti-socialness towards family and friends.
- Sleeplessness and insomnia which is unrelated to infant crying.
- Constant exhaustion and lack of energy.
- Feelings of inadequacy about motherhood/constantly questioning maternal fitness.
- Hidden desires to inflict self-harm or harm on the baby.
- Panic attacks and paranoia.
The best person to diagnose whether or not you’re truly suffering from PPD is a licensed physician. Since PPD has a wide range of symptoms, it’s easy to jump to conclusions about what’s going on. Healthcare providers are best suited to identify meaningful PPD symptoms. They can offer constructive guidance which will restore peace of mind. If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative courses, workshops, and events listed on our websites and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, health and wellness, bettering your relationships, or the overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (800) 913-0222 to find out how Richard Martinez can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Stay up to date with new blog posts, new courses and programs offered by Richard Martinez!
Subscribe to our newsletter! - Get the latest from Richard Martinez in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.